Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Final Ultrasound

Dr. Amesse gave me an "A" for quality of my uterine lining. Thickness was 11 and the doctors say they like it to be at least an 8.  Woohoo!

The egg follicles are growing very well. Dr. Amesse says he is hopeful we may get as many as 16 good eggs, which is great for my age!

Retrieval is Saturday morning!

Something encouraging I found from a quick google search:
"A recent study published online in the journal Human Reproduction found that retrieving around 15 eggs from a woman’s ovaries in a single in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle gave a woman the best chance of a successful pregnancy and birth. The study found there was a strong relationship between live birth rates and the number of eggs retrieved in one cycle."
https://www.fertilityauthority.com/articles/15-magic-number-egg-retrieval

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! And you guys got a whopping 22!!! This is happening!

    P.s. I read the last entry about "the possibility." But, like you said I don't see the point of worrying either. In the off chance, then we will all de al with it when it comes. I think there's a greater possibility of you ending up with twins! Love ya! XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

The Naming of Henry and Hollis

  Throughout my pregnancy we chose and changed names many times- including Levi, Nathan, Holden, Harvey, Easton, and Weston. We finally...