Tuesday, May 31, 2016

IVF Stuff

Estradiol(blood tests):  I got 613 on Friday and 2816 on Monday, which won't mean much to most of us(including me.) All I know is that it is supposed to be rising, but not too much. Dr. Richards says it looks good.

Ultrasound: On Saturday, we got to see the growing follicles. They look like clusters of bubbles. I have about 6 that are really good size, and a bunch more that may be catching up. Tomorrow morning I will drive up to Logan for 1 more ultrasound. After this one, the Doctors will decide(based on growth rates) whether to do the retrieval on Friday or Saturday.

Symptoms have not been too bad. I've been tired, but not a lot more than usual. I've been a little more emotional and sometimes grumpy. My brain feels kind of muddy sometimes, especially when I'm tired.(I hope that is just a symptom of the hormone injections.)

I sobbed when our neighbor's old Bassett hound, Dash, died last week.  But, I really did feel like he was partly our dog since he used to come and visit us almost every night looking for treats or a belly scratch. I told Hans I thought Dash was going to be there to comfort me if things didn't work out. Maybe he just won't need to.

I've started going for walks every night, which seems to help the moods and the energy. I am definitely bloated, which is normal when you are growing a bunch of egg follicles. No big deal, just not wearing my "skinny" jeans much.

I'm feeling positive about everything. I really feel like it is all going to work out, and maybe we will even have twins. I don't talk much about the alternative. I don't think much about the alternative. Maybe I should. "They" say you're supposed to prepare for that possibility. But, I don't see the point. And, if I ever do start talking about it, friends usually steer me quickly back to positive. And I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Naming of Henry and Hollis

  Throughout my pregnancy we chose and changed names many times- including Levi, Nathan, Holden, Harvey, Easton, and Weston. We finally...