Friday, June 10, 2016

Transfer Day

Yesterday, Laura, Naiya, and Aria drove me to Logan for the embryo transfer. The girls were having a hard time understanding how they were going to put babies in me. I was talking about being nervous, and being nervous about being nervous. Laura told me about a conversation with a friend who said, "Think about all the babies born in way more critical circumstances(drugs, etc.). If they all survived their conception and made it through pregnancy, than you probably can't hurt yours because you were a little bit nervous."

The doctors were still a little worried about me becoming hyperstimulated- retaining too much water and having my ovaries over swollen. They talked to me about the risks- that I might become much more uncomfortable and may even have to go to the ER to have fluids drained. But, they said that even if that happened it would not affect the embryos. I felt better yesterday than I have since Saturday's procedure, so I told them I was ok with discomfort as long as the embryos were not at risk. I wanted to go ahead.

I had to have a full bladder so that they could get a clear picture with the ultrasound. Other than that discomfort, the procedure was painless. It probably also helped that they had me take a Valium an hour prior. But, I have had no pain since.

I got to watch on the big screen as they put the tiny catheter needle into my endometrium and deposited our embryos- just a bright white dot on the screen. We were also able to freeze 6 more healthy embryos, which means we could do this three more times if needed, at a much lower cost.

Today, I am taking it easy- Doctor's orders. I'm praying for our embryos to be happy and healthy in their new home and that they will continue to grow strong. I know it is in the Lord's hands- whether we have one or two, or whether it is not this time. I feel so very blessed to be able to do this with Hans- my biggest supporter and friend- my partner for eternity.

JUNE 18th will be the first pregnancy test. Soon after that they will do another ultrasound to count heartbeats.

Aria and Naiya said they were praying for me, and Aria said, "I REALLY want you to have babies!" She is four and she is a character. When she was three, we were talking about birthdays and she said, "When I am four I will be HILARIOUS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Naming of Henry and Hollis

  Throughout my pregnancy we chose and changed names many times- including Levi, Nathan, Holden, Harvey, Easton, and Weston. We finally...